1/23/22

Iceman (Bobby Drake)

Iceman (Bobby Drake)

Many who know me well know that I am a bit of a comic book nerd (please don't judge).  I found the Uncanny X-Men when my Mom and Dad were going through a divorce when I was a kid, picking up my first issue from the magazine rack at my local southern Bi-Lo grocery store.  The X-Men were always a great escape when I needed to go somewhere else in my mind.  In the comics, mutants were feared and hated for simply being different for who they were, and that resonated with me since I am a bit different myself, especially as I started progressing through my teen years.


This picture is Iceman, a.k.a. Bobby Drake, one of the founding members of the X-men.  I hope I did him justice.  I had such a fun time editing this, it gave me inspiration to start doing an X-Men series of photos.  As time permits, I am going to snag some of my friends to showcase other members of the X-Men team.  I hope you enjoy, and if you have any ideas or want to be a part of it, let me know!


A special thanks to Regi Yifu for helping make the pose, ice slide and ice powers.  He's a man of many talents, not the least of them being an amazing friend. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

authorDivos Titanium is a pumpkin spice enthusiast who happens to have a joy for photography and video in Second Life.
Learn More →